- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Granting PAYONE access to your PayPal account
You need to authorise PAYONE to manage your PayPal account before PAYONE can process PayPal payments for you. To do so, please follow the instructions below.Image Removed
Editing your profile
In your PayPal account, click on „Profile" --> „Business Setup"
Screenshot –Editing your profile- „Account Settings" API Access
Open the API Access
Maximise „Option A" and open to the link „Set up API access".
Choose Pre-build payment solution
Image AddedImage Removed
Granting API Authorization
Please select the field „Third Party Permission Username" and type in the following username:
|UI Text Box|
For live Business Accounts: technik_api1.payone.de
For sandbox Business Accounts: api_1217604614_biz_api1.payone.de
If you want to use your own sandbox business account, please contact our support and tell us the corresponding email address of your sandbox business account. We'll need this to link payments made through our platform to your sandbox business account.
Confirm the username with the button „Lookup" and activate the Available Permissions (see Screen shot –Add New Third Party Permissions).
Lookup API User
Edit Third Party Permissions
Select authorization as follows:
- Using express purchase processing for payments
- Issue a refund for specific transactions
- Process your customers credit or debit card payments
- Obtain information about a single transaction
- Search your transactions for items that match specific criteria and display the results
- Authorize and capture your PayPal transactions
- Charge an existing customer based on a prior transaction
- Obtain authorization for pre-approved payments and initiate pre-approved transactions
- Accept or deny pending transactions
- Issue a refund or any prior transaction
Testing PayPal Payments
To carry out a test purchase:
- Go to https://developer.paypal.com/ and register for a "Sandbox Test Environment" in addition to your PayPal business account.
- Once you have registered, you can create a test (buyer) account in your "sandbox". This buyer test account is then used in place of real customer details for a test transaction.
- Before carrying out a test transaction, make sure that you logged on to your "Sandbox Test Environment".
- You can now test payment through your e-commerce application (for example your shop). You will need to transfer the "mode" parameter with the value "test" (mode=test). Use the buyer test account that you have just created as the test customer.
Enabling Digital Goods
If you use PayPal's "Digital Goods" feature, please note:
- "Digital Goods" must enabled separately by PayPal. Please contact your PayPal customer service advisor to have the feature enabled.
- Separate PAYONE configuration and activation is also required; please contact your customer advisor in the Merchant Service to arrange this.
- Transfer of the configuration is mandatory for a Digital Goods retailer using PayPal.
- The necessary data will only be transferred to PayPal if the parameter is activated
|Table of Contents|